From September 19th to October 02, solve Scavenger Hunt clues that highlight how you plug into your community in a sentence or two (or a photo for bonus entries!) for a chance to win great weekly prizes and a $150 grand prize!
Join the Scavenger Hunt! Solve clues that ask for details about YOUR community.
Fall is a great time to live in Northern B.C.! We are still enjoying local harvests and outdoors times before we need heavy jackets – but there’s that whiff in the air of colder times to come and the joys of winter activities. With this scavenger hunt we challenge you to unplug from screens and ‘plug into your community’ by identifying items listed below. Work together with your family or friends and be sure to submit an entry each so that everyone has a chance to win! If you solve at least 15 clues (INCLUDING bonus entries) you’ll be entered for weekly draw prizes. Answer a minimum of 20 clues and be entered to win a $150 grand prize (rules below)!
Prefer a paper copy? Download and print a PDF of the Great Northern Scavenger Hunt!
Thank you to everyone for sharing!
- Only residents living in the Northern Health region can qualify to win. Not sure if you are in our region? View the map.
- In total, 8 prizes will be awarded. Prizes are as follows:First across the line: The first person to submit 15 answers, bonus entries included, gets a prize!
- First across the line: The first person to submit 15 answers, bonus entries included, gets a prize!
- Week 1: Everyone who enters a minimum of 15 answers, bonus entries included, gets the chance to win one of 3 high quality thermoses!
- Week 2: Everyone who enters a minimum of 15 answers, bonus entries included, gets the chance to win one of 3 sturdy day packs!
- Grand prize: Submit a minimum of 20 answers, bonus entries included, for a chance to win a CDN $150 gift card towards the sporting goods / active living store of your choice.
- Weekly prizes and the grand prize will be awarded by random draw.
- To ensure that the grand prize meets the contest requirements, a Northern Health representative will work with the grand prize winner to identify the sporting goods / active living store for which the gift card will be purchased by Northern Health.
- Contest weeks run Monday to Sunday. To qualify for the weekly prize, photo or text submissions must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. PST on the Sunday ending the week.
- Contest closes October 02, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Each person is allowed to enter the contest once, with a minimum of 15 clues answered to be eligible for prizes.
- Winners will be contacted via phone or email. An email address or phone number must be provided in order to be eligible for the weekly prizes or grand prize.
- Participants are entered by submitting a photo or text entry through the form at http://blog.northernhealth.ca/scavenger-hunt or emailed to HealthPromotions@NorthernHealth.ca, or via ‘snail mail’: Health Promotions, Suite #810, 600-299 Victoria Street, Prince George, BC V2L 5B8
- Photographs and text entries deemed abusive, offensive or derogatory will be automatically disqualified.
- By entering a photo or text entry in the contest, you are confirming that you have secured the necessary consent of photograph subjects and all identifiable individuals in the photograph, or any persons identified in the text entry.
- By entering a photo or text entry in the contest and selecting “Yes” when prompted in the submission form, you grant Northern Health the rights to share your submitted photo or text entry in future promotional activities.
- The contesting and prizing is administered by Northern Health.
- Northern Health reserves final approval of winning entries and grand prize store.
- Contestants under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian permission to enter.
- All announced prize winners are final.
- Entering the contest does not guarantee that you will win a prize.
- Northern Health employees are eligible to enter the contest and win, but will not be granted preferential treatment. Healthier You Promotions and Engagement committee members are invited to submit photos and text entries but are not eligible for prizes.
- Northern Health has 60 days from the time the contest closes (December 01, 2016, 11:59 p.m. PST) to notify all winners.
- Northern Health is committed to improving the health of people in the north by protecting health and promoting wellness. To ensure consistency of messaging and approach, all photos and text entries must be aligned with the Northern Health series of position papers specific to key risk factors. These position papers are researched and evidence-based. Where activities in photos or described through text entry are not aligned with the framework, messaging or approach endorsed by Northern Health, those activities will not be promoted and will not qualify to be entered into this contest.